Re: Several gnome-libs bugs (I think)

Quoting Havoc Pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu>:

> On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Erik Andersen wrote:
> >
> > Yea, I read the source in gnome-dialog.c, and then called
> > gnome_preferences_set_dialog_centered( TRUE) before the
> > gnome_dialog_set_parent call, but it had no effect. I then copied the
> > window centering code from gnome_dialog_set_parent into my app (since I
> > _do_ know how big the dialog will be), and explicitly tried to center
> > the window myself -- but unfortunatly, the parent window thinks its size
> > is 1x1, so centering it there doesn't help much. Chances are that the
> > set_parent code is working fine, and the real problem here is that the
> > window has the wrong idea about its size.
> >

> Sounds like you're right - that would be a Gtk bug then. Probably should
> go to gtk-list.

Ok, I'll forward my bug report there, and see if those fine folks
can fix it.

> (I hope you're just calling the set_preferences for debugging purposes,
> otherwise that could annoy users. :-)

Yup.

> Well I was suggesting that you don't show the window until you add all the
> widgets, but if that's hard to do... I'd try something like manually
> calling gtk_widget_queue_resize() when you add new widgets. That has
> worked for me in the past.
>
> Havoc

I tired it and it didn't work. I was able to come up with a horrible
kludge that sequenced the adding of widgets so that I could pop up
everything all at once. I guess this is also a Gtk bug for the gtk-list
folks...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/