Re: Question about aclocal

Kirby Baker wrote:
> system.  I have tried to export the flag for ACLOCAL_whatever, then I get
> the warning about duplicate (i know, just warnings) which led to my "bright

Hi!

Unfortunatly, they are not just warnings. This are errors. Move
duplicates out of
/usr/share/aclocal (they are probably older ones, I am assuming that you
are putting fresh gnome under /usr/local or /opt) Then use autogen.sh
with exported ACLOCAL_FLAGS, something like:
  ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/local/share/aclocal" ./autogen.sh
--prefix=/usr/local
or
  ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal" ./autogen.sh
--prefix=/opt/gnome
depending on prefix of the installation you are using.

Regards,
Tomislav

P.S. Shouldn't this info be in toplevel HACKING for all components?