Re: Question about aclocal

Quoting Pedro Corte-Real <>:
> I solved *all* my problems with aclocal by removing
> /usr/local/share/aclocal and replacing it with a symlink to
> /usr/share/aclocal. (My install prefix is /usr/local put you can do the
> same with /opt/gnome)

I solved all my problems by adding this line to /etc/profile:
    export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/local/share/aclocal"
Then I could use stuff included in both /usr/share/aclocal AND
/usr/local/share/aclocal without a problm.  IMHO, this is a better
solution, since it will make it easy to blow away /usr/local/share/aclocal
without screwing up your system...

Erik B. Andersen   Web: