GNOME development in C++

All:

I referred to this as an aside in an earlier message, but I guess it
got lost in the shuffle... Anyway, my question is, has anyone done
any GNOME work in C++ yet?  Is gtk-- a usable library?  (I've never
done any substantial work with either it or plain-old GTK, although
I've worked through the GTK tutorial).

(BTW, if it's not clear, I don't mean hacking on gnome-libs or any
existing C applications; obviously, those are best done in C.  I
would, however, prefer to use C++ for a new GNOME app if possible...)

Comments, suggestions, or pointers to code would be greatly
appreciated.

-Russell

PS: I wasn't sure if this were best asked on gnome-list or
gnome-devel- what's the charter for gnome-devel, anyway?
--
Russell Steinthal
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College Class of 1999