Re: The State of GNOME

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 11:53:27PM -0500, SEGV was heard to say:
> Richard Hult wrote:

> > > That in itself implies months of testing and debugging with the new libraries.
> > > In the real world, you don't just drop new foundation libraries into place,
> > > compile, and ship.
> >
> > Well, gtk+ 1.2 = gtk+ 1.1.x + months of testing and debugging.
>
> You miss the point. GTK+ 1.2 itself may be tested and debugged, but GNOME using
> GTK+ 1.2 has not.

  Um.  As far as I know, the main difference in behavior between GTK+ 1.2 and
the last in the 1.1.x series is that a constant was changed from
"1.1.19" (or whatever) to "1.2.0".  Gnome has been written for GTK+1.2.  This
isn't a new foundation library that's being dropped in, it _is_ Gnome's
foundation library.

  Daniel

--
  Using a metaphor in front of Ridcully was like a red rag to a--was like
using something very annoying in the presence of someone who was very annoyed

              -- Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_