Re: [BUGS] GMC Bugs and Wishes.

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> >     1.  The Trashcan somehow looks very bland, and "square" to me.  Ok,
> > so it's just aesthetics, but I personally think that this is quite drab
> > and boring.
>
> You must be running a very old gmc.
>
> because the current one has no support for trashcan, we have that on
> a separate CVS branch.

Hmmm, I certainly have a Trashcan folder on my desktop, but there don't
seem to be any special properties to it other than being a folder with a
Trashcan icon.  :)  I guess that it is just a left-over icon from when I
had a Gnome installation a LOOONG time ago.  :)  The one that report was
about was built on Wednesday, Feb 24, 1999.

> >     2.  Clicking on the transparent portions of an icon fails to perform
> > a selection.  Try clickin on the various transparent parts of the RPM
> > icon to see what I mean.  :)
>
> I noticed that.  It wont get fixed anytime soon though :-).
>
> The fix is really to make some parts non-transparent, but then, we
> will suck when the user changes the background.

Er, why not just have a fixed square bound that was considered the Icon,
whether there was graphic there or not?  I'll have to admit that I have
no idea how difficult that would be to implement, but it seems like the
right solution.  :)

You're right, though, in that it shouldn't be a priority.

> >     5.  On FTP filesystems such as ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/ the
> > directories are not browsable.  Double-clicking on one of the
> > directories results in nothing better than an error dialog appearing on
> > the screen.
>
> Strange it works for me.

Ok, I'll remember to check this again the next time that I do a CVS
update.  I've seen the problem for a while now, though, so I don't know
what could be the case.  Perhaps it was fixed over the last few days.

Alright, thanks for the quick responses, and keep up the good work.

--
Jesse D. Sightler

"Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."
      - Chinese Proverb