Re: GTK, Gnome, enlightenment and Real audio player

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Daniel Burrows wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 11:11:12PM -0800, Kevin Saenz was heard to say:
> > Ok Sorry I have lead you guys up the garden path,
> > I also haven't got esd running, as I want to run
> > ICQJava and X11AMP.
> > can anyone explain why rvplayer dies? should I
> > stop downloading the updates from rh site and just
> > get realaudio's tared files?
> >

>   Are you running kernel 2.2.*? (rvplayer broke for me when I upgraded to it)
>
>   Daniel

There's a fix for this, see /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes, IIRC. It's a
couple of 'dd' commands that patch the open() call, also IIRC. Works fine for
me.

Now if only some resourceful hackers would reverse engineer the Real protos and
release a Free player--the Real player is just too lame.

--
David Wollmann
DST / DST Data Conversion

ICQ: 10742063