Control Center/Enlightenment configuration

I just came across a somewhat weird E/GNOME interaction which I
thought I'd mention (I'm writing here since I don't read the E list
and I know Rasterman is on gnome-list...).  Anyway, enough
introduction.

Basically, the problem is that if I start the GNOME Control Center
and go to the Enlightenment page, the Backgrounds (sub-) page is
inactive (i.e. all the controls except OK and Cancel are grayed out).
 If I run the Enlightenment configurator from my E menu (middle
button, Configuration), it works correctly.

Is this a known problem, a feature I just missed the documentation
for, a misconfiguration on my part, or a new bug?  If the latter, and
I can provide any more information, let me know.

System info: GNOME 0.99.8, 2/16 E snapshot, and enlightenment-conf
0.13, all installed from binary RPMS.

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal