Re: Correct way to start Gnome?

It seems to me that there should be a setting under gnome control center
for listing programs to be started when gnome-session is run.  Along the
lines of the windows startup directory.  Adding to this list could possibly
just change .xinitrc.  This should include an option for starting apps
asynchronously (with the "&") or not and whether they should start
minimized/maximized/normal...  (I'm sure there are other desired toggles too.)

I realize there is a feature freeze (sortof) but it strikes me that having
to edit a text file to get the desired effect is not the way things should
be in a GUI and is therefore a bug.

Brady Hegberg