Re: Correct way to start Gnome?

You can set a list of non session aware applications to be started by
gnome-session, and your window manager would be a good thing to put in it.
This way your WM would get killed when you log out using the panel (note
that it would not die gracefully -- it would loose its connection to the X
server and get an IO error.  This may be a problem ... I don't know.  I
don't know if gnome-session has support for restarting non session aware
clients though.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au