Gnome 0.99.8 - a success story

Hi all,

i would like to take a minut of your time and congratulate all the Gnome
developers - GREAT WORK !

Yesterday i was with a customer  installing a new network-monitoring
machine for him (Linux based of course), the customer (how ran Unix a
few years back and didnt like it beeing CLI based) tries to be funny "
so it me and my console eh ?"  - nah i say, pressing alt+F7 - VOILA a
fresh install of Gnome 0.99.8 - the customers eyes went BIG, i
demonstrated some Gnome apps and features for him, and now he wants me
to help him install Linux and Gnome on his new latop for him so that he
could try  Linux (dual boot WIN98/Linux).

Is'nt that a victory :)

So once again, great work all developers.

Regards

Daniel

ps Hope Gnome is ready for GNOME 1.0  soon :)

Daniel Persson

http://www.abonet.se  <---  Abonet Data AB
http://wlug.westbo.se   <--- Westbo Linux User Group
http://wlug.westbo.se/gnome  <--- Svensk website om GNOME