LyX (was: My impression of .8)

> I seem to remember that one of the things the LyX team is
> looking at for the
> next release is changing the interface code so that you can
> pluggin whatever
> widget set you want such as KDE or GTK.

I've read that too, and I have also visited their CVS resp.
at http://www.devel.lyx.org, and found the following information
in the directory /lyx/src/frontends/README:

>All the different GUI and TUI should have a subdir here.
>
>So far a xforms only is made.
>
>        Lgb

There also seems to exist a 'qt' directory, but no 'gtk' dito.
Does anyone have any more info? I once subscribed to the LyX
devel list, but quite some time has pased since then...

I think that a Lyx for GNOME would be a quite nice thing to have
in the application-suite! I currently use the XFORMS variant,
and find it very useful, albeit a bit ugly :-)

Anyone with some more current information?

/jonas