Re: style and correctness

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 01:00:26PM -0600, Federico David Sacerdoti was heard to say:
> I apologize for the length of this thing, I got a little carried
> away...
>
> A few general things Ive noticed about Gnome 0.99.7. They fall into a
> couple of categories which are outlined below.
>
> Style:
> -gmc needs a reload button. A big one, next to "home". The rescan
> directory menu option is used too much to have that function buried under
> a pull down menu

  Does gmc currently check periodically for changes in the current directory
and rescan it if necessary?  That would probably be almost as useful as
having an easy button for explicit rescanning. (which is also very good :-)

  (I can see that rescanning the whole directory structure might be
  a pain, but at least checking the directory that the user is doing stuff
  in would be nice..)

--
  Daniel Burrows

"When I get a little money, I buy books.  If I have any left over, I buy
 food and water."

  -- methinks that the person who said this was shopping for course textbooks
    at the Brown University Bookstore.