Re: ORBit yp_get_default_domain problem

On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 08:47:37AM +1100, Greg Schafer was heard to say:
> On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Haukur Hreinsson wrote:
>
> > I saw another guy report the exact same problem recently, but no
> > response yet. I suspect this only happens to a small group of people,
> > and most developers haven't seen it.
> >
> > I have a Debian system, some slink, some potato.
>
> FWIW, I see the same thing here on a Debian slink system. Haven't had time
> to look into it.

  Someone needs to say it explicitly, so I will ;)

  This is the same bug as the one preventing us Debian users from compiling gdm.
If you're looking for information on this problem or workarounds I suspect
threads about compiling gdm _and_ ORBit are useful.  (I didn't know about
this since I haven't upgraded my libtool yet, so ORBit doesn't make it
past the configure stage.. :-) )  The gdm people suggested that we could try
recompiling the tcpwrapper library and see what the effect of that is as a
way of hunting the bug down..haven't done it yet but maybe someone else has
the time..

  Daniel