Re[2]: ORBit yp_get_default_domain problem

Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> wrote:

> This is the same bug as the one preventing us Debian users from compiling
> gdm. If you're looking for information on this problem or workarounds I
> suspect threads about compiling gdm _and_ ORBit are useful.

I just started poking into the .99.7 tarballs today. What I found in the
earlier discussion you note (gdm and ORBit) was that if, in the pertinent
Makefile.in's, one added to the LDADDS an '-lnsl', then the build of that
package would complete.

Only problem with this was that when all was said and done (building ORBit and
gnome-libs in this fashion) running panel produced the old familiar 'Undefined
symbol yp_get_default_domain'.

I just started to make gnome-core from the .99.7 tarball and immediately ran
into this animal...again.

This is a production machine that still has pretty much basic hamm still on
it. (That's Debian 2.02, right?)

So that's my two cents worth; I'm not enough of a wizard to take it much
farther.

What is being suggested - for Debian users - wrt the tcpwrappers package?