Re: New snapshot release of gnorpm

For finding the XML libraries, I just used the GNOME_XML_CHECK macro from
the standard macros package.  Maybe it should be updated to use
xml-config?

For your problem with it not downloading fullIndex.rdf.gz, currently I
have a very weak caching scheme.  If the file has already been downloaded,
and hasn't expired (expire time set in preferences), then it doesn't
download the file.  If the cached copy is wrong, simply remove it and it
should be fetched again.  I probably need to do a bit of work on this
caching scheme.

As for FTP support, it is there and should work if you don't have any
restrictive firewalling.  I was hoping to use libghttp to do proxied ftp
requests (the squid style proxy where HTTP is used for the transfer, not
the one that uses FTP protocol and usernames of the form user@host), but
it barfs if you give it a URL that doesn't start with http://.  I
personally think that libghttp should accept other URLs when it is using a
proxy.  Unfortunately I don't think I have enough time to hack this into
libghttp.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au