Re: New snapshot release of gnorpm

  Hi James,

> I have put up another snapshot of my gnorpm RPM frontend.  This time it
> includes all the files needed to build rpmfind functionality in.  I have
> put in some significant speedups for the rpmfind search window (it was
> dure to some bad code on my part).

 Cool, but I was unable to use it.
first small point, in find/include, use "`xml-config --cflags`" instead of
hardcoding the path to the libxml includes.
Second I got a problem with the ghttp detection, configure didn't find
it, it's probably not important I just did the link phase by hand adding
-lghttp before -lgnome
The last point is more annoying, basically if I launch gnorpm, it says

/u/veillard/.gnome/gnorpm.d/resources/fullIndex.rdf.gz:1: error: Document is empty

 ^

 ** WARNING **: can't open catalog '/u/veillard/.gnome/gnorpm.d/resources/fullIndex.rdf.gz'

As soon as I try to get something from the rpmfind dialog box. I understand
that there is an HTTP request to be made before accessing the file but it
doesn't seems to be done. I wasn't able to test the interface ...

As a side note, in case the FTP support is lacking, all files from
   ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/... are also available via HTTP under
  http://rpmfind.net/linux/...

> For those who don't know, rpmfind is a system for finding and
> downloading RPMs on the internet and making sure you get RPMs to satisfy
> all the dependencies.  The system was set up by Daniel Veillard.  Gnorpm
> provides a nice GUI client to this system (click on the web find toolbar
> button).

  Horribly outdated documentation for the on-line version is at
    http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/rpmfind.html

  Daniel

--
	    [Yes, I have moved back to France !]