RE: Yet another newbie

On  8 Feb, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> I agree whole heartedly.
>
> I have built some more up to date rpms and placed them at
> ftp://thestuff.net/pub/gnome/rpms/i386
> and newer enlightenment stuff at
> ftp://thestuff.net/pub/enlightenment
>
> That should tide some people over until the spec problems are resolved.
> It isn't a perminant solution, but atleast it squashes some bugs in .99.3

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Now I don't mean to sound
ungrateful, but do you have a schedule to get your RPMs up to
the newly announced 0.99.7 level? If it's in the next few days,
I'll wait. If not, I'll go ahead and fetch them. Your current
RPMs are no doubt better than what I'm running now, but I suspect
that their debug value to the developers is lacking. Of course,
the 0.99.3 I'm running now probably has no debug value whatsoever.

Honestly, this whole RPM thing highlights a problem somewhere, be
it in GNOME, CVS, or in RPM, itself. I thought part of the joy of
CVS was supposed to be the 'integrated' nature of things. Some-
where, somehow, adding RPMs as a target of the build system should
not be the killer issue it seems to be, here.

Dale Pontius