Re: Yet another newbie

: Oh, please.  :)  These RPMS are only several weeks old.  Admittedly this
: isn't on the absolute bleeding edge, but it's about as close as you can
: expect for a binary release this large.

Missing the point. At this stage of development the delay is enough to
invalidate many of the bug reporting efforts by people such as myself,
who do not have the time or computing power to build from source.

I've stayed quiet about this because I know the developers are working
hard on lots of things and many of them use platforms that don't use
RPM. I'd rather see more focus go into coding and then good RPMS come
out at the end. But I do agree with the expressed sentiment that more
bug reporting would come in if RPMS of the "checkpoint" releases were
more available.

     - A