Re: Yet another newbie

Looking through cvs, there are spec files that dont make it into the
balls. I have to grab the balls, go into cvs, grab the specs, change the
version numbers in the specs, place them into the balls, and then build
the rpms. The specs should be in the balls in the first place. If they do
use a make <whatever> to generate the tarballs, the makefile or whatever
is flawed because it does not include the spec that is already there. This
should be considered a bug.

I am reading up on how to make specs but I am not good enough at it yet.
It will take me a while because I have little time to do it right now.
(Hence not wanting to compile gnome for each one of my computers. I
just want to compile it once for all.)

Since I am building RPMS when I can, I would not mind giving them out to
any one who wants them. I just need to be able to build the RPMS.