Re: Yet another newbie

> From: bob@kehs.ksd.org
>
> Spec files shouldn't be on the developers minds. It should be on the
> tarballests minds. I dont mind compiling it myself. The thing is, I have

I believe the tarballs come right from the developers - I believe they
have a "make <something>" that creates the tarballs.

> more  then one computer that has gnome on it. Rather then spending alot
> more time compiling it on each computer, I generate the rpms on 1 computer
> and install it on all of them. This saves me alot of time that I can use
> elsewhere.

I'm not disagreeing that it would be nice to have the RPMS, but
someone has to take the time do it.  If they would benefit you then
feel free to volunteer to write the spec file.

Dave