Yet another newbie part 2

>On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 05:35:20 Steen Rabol wrote:
>Hello
>"*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means"
>"*** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong"
>"*** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your"
>

>What am I doing wrong or missing ??
>
>Should I give up ??

No, try doing a ldconfig -v | grep glib. Betcha you have more than one version
around, and are getting the old one, which must be too old to use with the
version of gnome you're trying to compile. I usually just rm the old libs,
but that causes any program compiled to rely on the old version to fail
with a "I can't find glib" error. There is probably a better way to do
it, but I'm not sure what it is.

You may have also forgot to do a ldconfig. My philosophy when compiling
gnome is ldconfig often (Like, after every package.)

--
        FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq