esd problem

ok.. on systems with multiple users using X, it poses a problem with esd
and the user that ran esd originally.  When esd is started by user1, they
log out, and user2 logs in, some things that use esd, and even some that
dont, aka some of the gnome-games, die on start with "Broken Pipe".  They
start and run from the gnome panel ( I dont know how), but when started
from commandline, they die.  If esd is killed, the games run fine.  Any
clues on what can be done, other than having '/bin/killall esd' in the
.bash_logout, or in xdm/gdm setup files?  I think it would be good for the
gnome-session to kill esd, or have it where any user can connect to a
running esd session, not just the user that started it.  I'm no coder, and
definately a big security expert, but would that cause many problems? if
it was well watched what was done?

sar

If God is One, what is bad?
                -- Charles Manson

Death has been proven to be 99% fatal in laboratory rats.