default.session

I just noticed that GNOME's default.session has recently underwent an
'overhaul'. As always, icewm is included by DEFAULT for some reason.
Even though it is not under GNOME's CVS and it doesn't support the most
GNOME hints stuff. Anyway - thats not my problem right now

Since default.session underwent an overhaul it now has 'priorities' and
ID's and stuff - Something that the Joe Linux User can not understand
probably. The line to start icewm is:
icewm -clientID default2 -smid default3

Anyway, now that everything is setup this way - How should
enlightenment be run???
Should we still stick to starting enlightenment from the .xinitrc.
Currently I have:
enlightenment &
gnome-session
for my .xinitrc and it works quite well (sound from the panel and from
E - works quite nicely). Thanx