Work around for the "start up bug"

I have realized that Subject was misleading. So, I am reposting my
message under different subject. New and important part is that there
is a way around "start up bug" which affects panel, gmc,
gnome-help-browser, gnomecc, etc.  An important part is a work
around. I noticed that if you kill application that get stuck, you
still have "gnome-name-service" running and as long as it is there
you can start you application second time and it will run.

E.g. the following start up sequence should work:

 gnome-name-service &
 panel &
 killall gen_util_applet
 gmc &