Re: stupid question about esd ...

On 03 Feb 1999 10:52:20 +0100, Philippe Moutarlier <philippe@enit.fr> wrote:

>what does it do in GNOME ? I started it as lots of application like gmc
>want to talk to it. Looks like it works since it emits a little sound at
>startup. But it does say anything afterwards ... even when I start and use gmc
>which wants it .

You need to install the gnome-audio package, or use gnomecc's "Sound
Properties" to change the sounds for different events to point to your own
sound files.

>Is there a way to configure sound to play when mail arrives ...

Balsa should do this if you have it running. We are trying to figure out how
to avoid playing the same sound twice if new mail arrives when both Balsa &
mailcheck_applet are running, but we will try to have mailcheck_applet do the
sound as well, somehow.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg