Re: Milestones document

"Poletti, Don" <don.poletti@comverse-in.com> writes:

A couple of notes:

> To recapitulate...
> 2) How can I minimize memory usage?

A couple of things that worked for me:

1.  switched to netscape 3.04 (from 4.x)
2.  switch from E, first to blackbox and now sawmill
3.  use a sensible gtk theme  (ThinIce is a good one)

> 3) Is there a conscience effort in development to minimize memory?

I think an effort is made to keep things sensible...

> 4) Is there some other reason Linux/gnome/E is slower than Windoze?

It could be your X server.  I got very depressed when I had to not
use my Matrox card for a while.  The XFree86 drivers for them are
pretty good.

But it is kind of hard to say why.  What things are slow?  Just general
sluggishness?

Jacob
--
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!" - R. Wiggum