RE: Milestones document

Speaking of memory,

I have not used Gnome much many because on my system it seems
considerablly slower than Windoze. One of main reasons as far as I
can tell is due to memory. I have 32 megs and while that is not alot
by todays standards it should be more than sufficient to bring up
a desktop and an app or three.

Of course Linux sucks up free ram to use as disk buffers, while this
is a good thing it makes it hard to determine memory usage.

To recapitulate...
1) How much Memory does Gnome use?
2) How can I minimize memory usage?
3) Is there a conscience effort in development to minimize memory?
4) Is there some other reason Linux/gnome/E is slower than Windoze?

Ok there were new questions in there so it wasn't recapitulating but my
kids have made me watch cat-in-the-hat every day for weeks so the word
has grown on me.

In other forums similar questions have led to "buy more memory" my
response to that is that windoze runs well in 32 megs why can't
linux/gnome/E?