Re: [Fwd: too many problems.]

On 27 Aug 1999 10:19:34 -0400, hitchhiker@cybermail.net
<hitchhiker@cybermail.net> wrote:

>I don't want to start off with finger pointing or name calling.  I like
>gnome.  I really do.  I've just had too many system crashes in the last
>few weeks, and I'm tired of fscking my hard drive.  I can't tell WHICH
>part of gnome it is, just that at random (approx. 24 hour) intervals,
>the system freezes.  dies.  completely.  I can't telnet in, I can't even
>PING it.  All I CAN tell is that it only happens while I'm running
>gnome.

GNOME doesn't crash the system, period. It may reveal bugs in the kernel
or X server, but in itself it doesn't do anything to crash the system (and
couldn't).

You need to update your kernel and/or XFree86, and find out exactly what
is causing the crashes. If you need help doing this, please contact me via
private e-mail.

-- Elliot
The time for action is past! Now is the time for senseless bickering!