Re: Future of panel menu

> > Are there any plans to allow creating a panel on a display other than
> > :0.0? I run with a multi-head display and would love it if a 'Display'
> > property existed.
>
> One should be able to open a panel on any display desired.  Have you tried
> setting the DISPLAY variable to something other than :0.0?  You might need
> to embed it in one of the scripts starting GNOME.

I'd like to take this feature request one step further and ask that individual
applets have the ability to display on remote panels.  I'm sure this would
require some CORBA magic, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.  (In
particular, I'd like to run gnomeicu on a machine that is not behind a
firewall.)

Jason.