Re: Panel issue...

xgv wrote:
> The panel at the bottom, you know when can see all the windows that are
> open on the panel, click on one and that window comes up on the screen.
> Well, for some reason beyond me, thats not showing up in the panel
> anymore. When I open a window it no longer shows up in the panel and
> when I click -  on any open window, it seems to disappear. Use to, when
> I would click the - on a window it would go to the panel, not no more.
> Now theres nothing there and I want it to be like it use to be.
> What needs to be done to restore/change this back? I'm a newbie be

It sounds like maybe either the pager crashed or you accidently changed
the settings. I'm not sure I understand the second half of your question
but anyway here is my two cents:

If there is a question mark with an up arrow above it then the pager is
still
running and you need to change the settings. Click on the question mark
and a dialog will come up. Click on the "Tasklist" tab of the dialog
then select "Show all tasks" and if you want select "Show all tasks on
all desktops." Then click "OK" .

If there is not a question mark with an arrow on top then the pager
probably crashed (it does that alot, especially on the older versions.)
Go to the start menu and select "Panel/Add applet/Utility/Gnome Pager"
to start it back up again.

I did hear awhile ago about another pager being available, maybe someone
else can say in whether it is an a usable state and where it can be
found.

Harry Henry Gebel             ICQ# 43675297
West Dover Hundred, Delaware