Problem with compiling

Hi !

I have a linux system RedHat5.2. I have upgraded my gnome to following:

gnome-core-devel-1.0.4-13rh
gnome-games-devel-1.0.2-7.1
gnome-audio-extra-1.0.0-5
gnome-audio-1.0.0-5
gnome-libs-1.0.8-2rh
gnome-media-1.0.1-2
gnome-games-1.0.2-7.1
gnome-users-guide-1.0.5-1
gnome-objc-1.0.2-1
gnome-pim-1.0.7-1
gnome-utils-1.0.1-5
gnome-libs-devel-1.0.8-2rh
gnome-pim-devel-1.0.7-1
gnome-objc-devel-1.0.2-1
gnome-core-1.0.4-13rh
gnome-linuxconf-0.22-0.1
gnome-network-1.0.2-2

When I try to compile programs they send me the following error message
:

  for glib-config... (cached) /usr/bin/glib-config
  checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... yes
  checking what warning flags to pass to the C compiler... -Wall
-Wno-unused
  checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C compiler...
  checking for tgoto in -ltermcap... (cached) yes
  checking for readline in -lreadline... (cached) yes
>>checking for gnome-config... (cached) no
>>checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
  configure: warning: *** The gnome version will not be built ***
  checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... (cached) yes

What can I do with this ?

Thanx for the answers.

Vilmos