RE: Problem with compiling

On 20-Aug-99 Bilicki Vilmos wrote:
> When I try to compile programs they send me the following error message
>:
>
>   for glib-config... (cached) /usr/bin/glib-config
>   checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... yes
>   checking what warning flags to pass to the C compiler... -Wall
> -Wno-unused
>   checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C compiler...
>   checking for tgoto in -ltermcap... (cached) yes
>   checking for readline in -lreadline... (cached) yes
>>>checking for gnome-config... (cached) no
>>>checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
>   configure: warning: *** The gnome version will not be built ***
>   checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... (cached) yes
>
> What can I do with this ?

        It looks like you installed using RPMs, so I'll guess ...

        Configure scripts that come with GNOME-aware programs usually
assume that the GNOME distribution is in the /usr/local directory.
Look at what options are available for this configure script by running
configure with the --help option. There should be something like:

        --with-gnome=

        or

        --with-gnome-prefix=

        listed as one of the options. Try setting this prefix to /usr.

Date: 20-Aug-99  Time: 11:05:09

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor