Re: my shortlist of GNOME wishes

> Somehow, it has suddenly become quite acceptable to come up with GNOME
> wishes... No
> more "we accept patches"-answers ;-)

We figured we were not helping creativity.  And we really should work
on making GNOME not just an attempt to provide a GUI for Unix systems,
but rather the next generation GUI in terms of simplicity, ease of
use, power and comfort.

So we need as many ideas as possible, assemble them conceptually and
deploy it.

>     - Is there some easy way to invoke the foot menu when doing right-clicks
>     on the desktop?

Not an easy way that I know of.  Bonobo will make this possible
though.

> I know this has come up before, but IMHO the GtkFileDialog is not really
> sufficient for end-user apps. I think there should be a richer dialog, with
> at least file type filtering. I'd say we leave the GtkFileDialog nice and
> spartan as it is, and put the extra's in some GnomeFileDialog.

Yes, agreed.  Ettore has a working version for this new dialog box.
It is going to appear in the near future in GNOME.

Best wishes,
Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org