Re: GCC 2.95 & GNOME Apps

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I'm not saying it's correct - just this: do you normally catch all
> language errors before you try compiling? :-)
>
> Add to it that it *is* correct C (if not optimal C), and that's what most
> people are building with.
>
> So, we need to use the compiler to catch this stuff.
>
> Sorry about the earlier post, it's just that so many people insert lines
> in their bug report or question or idea implying that whatever small error
> they've found is indicative of a deeply-rooted pathology, and occasionally
> I get a bit grumpy about it. :-)

Nah I make errors too, just pointing it out. There'll probably be more
unmasked by GCC 2.95 (both C++ and C compilers) but so far my app seems
to be working great.

And I believe it is incorrect C as well, just compilers aren't
necessarily enforcing it. I guess the question is: in ISO C, is a string
literal a const char* (as in ISO C++) or still a char* (which I very
much doubt)?

PS: I bugged it.

--
SEGV  -  http://www.cgocable.net/~mlepage/
Features Minion real-time strategy game, RTS game programming info,