Re: Where's all the movement?

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Matthias Warkus wrote:
> I get Gnome from CVS. So where are those things happening? I don't see
> much change in the CVS tree for, say, gnome-libs or gnome-core. Sure,
> documentation is written, bugs are fixed. Minor prettifications
> happen. I'm happy all this happens. But where are those big things?
> Have I got the concept of CVS wrong? Isn't the HEAD branch supposed to
> be the bleeding edge?

If you care subscribe to cvs-commits (>500 messages per week) or wait for
the roadmap, OK?

The main action for a future gnome-libs is in Bonobo, libglade, gconf,
gnome-xml, gdk-pixbuf, etc. gnome-core won't change dramatically in the
next release (panel and control center). The new file manager is based on
Ettore's new VFS, which isn't in CVS but has lots of work done (Ettore
might send you a tarball if you ask). The gnome-wm module has one start on
a default WM, but that's still a bit up in the air. etc., there's some
other stuff, as I said we're working on a roadmap document.

Havoc