Re: MIME extensions.

+++ Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 04:33:54PM +0100 +++
James Green e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, James M. Cape wrote:
>
> > James Green wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > > I thought GMC is now only in development for bug-fixes? That's what I just
> > > got told via bugs.gnome.org system.
> >
> > Well, SMBFS was just added a few weeks ago or so, so I don't know how
> > accurate that report is. And even if Gmc *is* dead, that doesn't mean
> > it's follow-on can't benefit from wishes meant for Gmc.
>
> -------------------------
> Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 17:03:28 -0400
> From: Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com>
> To: 1366-done@bugs.gnome.org
> Subject: Won't fix
> This feature fix will have to wait for the new GNOME file manager.
> gmc is going into bug fixes-only status.
> -------------------------
>
> You know as much as I do now...

So, what is the "new GNOME file manager"? Where is it on CVS, if
there's any code? Is there at least a white paper?

(I just checked. There isn't. Well, maybe I'm really only impatient.
I'm going to wait for the roadmap Havoc promised.)

mawa
--
> Your best form of "antigravy" in space stations is centrifugal
> pseudoforce.
I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid you can't eat that...
           -- Eric Max Francis and Paul Guertin on rec.arts.sf.science