Re: Call for constructive user criticism.

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@gnu.org> writes:

| Hello guys,
|
|    So there I was, watching Animal Planet with a special issue on
| Bonobos.  Interesting documentary, and it ocurred to me:  How can we
| make GNOME so simple that even a Bonobo could use it?

No. Or in other words what you would end up with would be of no use to
anyone except perhaps the bonobo. Actually pigs are/can be "smarter"
than chimpanzees.

Other than that, I think the user interface can be improved for the
average user, but it should not compromise the usability for
the "advanced" user.

One big improvement that can be fixed is:

o  Include a help button in all complex dialogs
   (those more complex then OK dialogs at least)
   and have it pointed to a easy to understand help page.

o  Also include help in the Help Menu which points to
   non-techy documentation of the program and not just About.

It would be nice if this could be a required item in the GUI Spec (one
could say that in order to reach version 1.0 for a program it needs
good documentation.)

--
Preben Randhol             oO     "Don't think about domination,  think
[randhol@pvv.org]        .`  ;     about freedom, it doesn't dominate."