Re: GNOME Usability Improvements - Fix the window manager!

>       [simpler] mount/unmout of removable media

>Same question: how much easier do you want it? You can use desktop
>icons or the mount applet.

I want it a lot easier. I use `mount /dev/hdc1 /mnt/ims' to mount my
ls120 disks. I could have formatted disks as hdc, hdc1, hdc2, hdc3, hdc4
and/or used various filesystems. The drive and the linux removable IDE
drive support have always worked great. I do not have the faintest idea
how to add my preferred method (linux filesystem on hdc1) to the mount
applet, or the original formatting of the disks (win/dos [on hdc4?]), or
to mount it as an IDE 1.44 floppy, or any other
method either. As a newbie, it never occurred to me to use a desktop
icon and write a script. Writing a script which toggles is tricky,
however.
The usernet applet doesn't check state well enough, for example. Thanks
for a very helpful hint though! I will write six icon/scripts:-) No
sarcasm is meant. I'll really be better off to do it.

>-   Printer control in Control Center
>Be more specific.
There is no printer control in my Control Center. I can choose one printer,
or not choose it, and that's it. I would like printer object/icons on my
desktop,
one that prints on one page and another that prints on two and maybe one that
prints two copies, etc., so I can drag the appropriate
documents to them. What better place to set this up than the control
center?
-
Dragging the panel with the center button is really neat, but
not *nearly* as neat as dragging it with the left mouse button
would be. My left
mouse button does nothing when I try to drag the panel with it.
That makes no sense. It would be better to use the center
button for double clicking, among other things, and the
right button for *all* menus, and eliminate *all* use of
the center button for menu access. A desperate but effective
method would be to nest "center button action" on all right
button menus. Then no support for two button mice would be
necessary, ever.

I have never seen a pie menu but already I love it:-)

-
Peace, understanding, health and happiness to all beings!
lily_lily__lily  MN[-------------------->mm@  _lilypond__
dave  No Va USA   David Raleigh Arnold   drarn@toward.com