Re: newsgroups for gnome

Daniel Serodio (dserodio@email.com)'s email of 08/03/99 11:48 said:

>Daniel Weber wrote:
>>
>> I like the mailing lists, but how come I can't find any newsgroups for
>> gnome-related issues?  Save a lot of wear and tear on my ISP mail server
>> if gnome had a list of newsgroups....   just my 0.02 worth....
>
>	Agreed. I'd prefer a lot if gnome-list was a newsgroup instead of a list.
>Maybe someone could set that up?

Maybe YOU could... there's a perl script out there (STFW) called
"list2news" or "mail2news" or something like that, that essentially lets
you do exactly this. There's even a Mini-HOWTO on the subject at the
Linux Documentation Project <http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/> if I recall
correctly.

Go get it and run it, and if you're feeling generous, let everybody else
know what the server's address is so anyone else who prefers news to list
can get it that way.

Alternately, just run it on your own box and keep it to yourself. :)

--
"True riches only increase." -R. Buckminster Fuller
sungod@atdot.org              http://blackness.org/