Re:GNU Hurd

HARDY.BOEHM@LHSYSTEMS.COM wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What is hurd?
> I never heard it before!

The Hurd was originally going to be the kernel for the free GNU operating
system.  Currently Linux is the kernel of most GNU systems.
    The Hurd is an operating system built around a microkernel called Mach.
You can read about the Hurd at the following site:
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd.html

IMHO, having read about the Hurd, I think it's a pity it hasn't been adopted
in place of Linux based systems.  I think it is a more current,
technologically superior system.

According to the above mentioned web site, the Hurd does run XFree86.

cheers,
        Jeff