RE: GNOME Usability Improvements - Fix the window manager!

I think a scheme would be much better. A scheme could control changing
themes for various things.
The eMac scheme could set gtk to eMac, E to eMac.etheme, and xmms to
eMac.zip

Plus do things like change font size and setting gmc icons.

The two reasons for a gnome wm is to get rid of the theme problem (read
above non wm solution), and ease of install. To solve the second problem
only requires alittle work on the distribution side. Personally I find it
very easy to install a wm like enlightenment. gnorpm -> install ->
enlightenment*.rpm -> ok. or barring that, rpm -Uvh enlightenment*.rpm. I
think creating yet another wm would not have many benifits for all the hard
work required (there are already alot of wm's), but if someone wants to code
it, have phun. :)