Re: GNOME Usability Improvements - Fix the window manager!

"Sarel J. Botha" wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 01, 1999 at 10:08:45PM -0500, James M. Cape wrote:
> > To the best of my limited knowledge WRT the GTK+ WM, there was a bit of
> > a snag which was hit with the GDK layer. I don't know all of the
> > details, but having an integrated WM is definately a Good Thing.
> >
> > A second priority (IMHO) should be to try and help WM authors to code
> > GTK+ themes to match their WMs. AFAIK, mandrake is working on a GTK+
> > theme which uses CVS Enlightenment's current widget images, and GTKStep
> > already exists. If this is done, people who like E's configurability or
> > Blackbox's speed can choose to use those WM's without having to download
> > a new GTK+ Theme for every window manager theme.
> >

> Woudln't this be a good time to introduce GNOME themes? Like KDE, they also
> apply to the wm, but it doesn't make a sound if you're using another wm.

Well, a GTK+ WM will use the images used in a GTK+ Theme, so once the
GTK+ WM is finished and released, this feature is automatic.

What I was thinking was helping WM authors who want to be to write in
GNOME compliance also write GTK+ Themes that use the configurations of
their WMs in a GTK+ Theme.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill