Re: GNOME Usability Improvements - Fix the window manager!

Michael Fulbright wrote:

<snip>

> Of all the reasons people pick GNOME versus KDE, I think the fact that
> GNOME is supposedly window manager independent is very low on the list of
> reasons.  It certainly is not one of the top three.  I think its time
> to consider making a distinction between "GNOME compliant" window manager
> and "GNOME enhanced" window managers.  The later is what a newbie will
> want to use.
>
> We can satisfy both the seasoned Linux users who have a favorite window manager
> as well as the new user who just wants it to work. I think in terms of
> usability we have a great deal to address for the later when in comes to
> the window manager.

	I do think window manager independency is one of the most important resons
for most of us hackers. I, for one, will scream if Gnome stops working
perfectly (full-featured) with Enlightenment.

--
Daniel Serodio (lobo on IRC)		|    /V\    www.linux.org