Re: imlib

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Augusto Cesar Radtke wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, jack wallen, jr wrote:
>
> > i was doing a bit more upgrading (things are working great by the way) and
> > came across a dependency i can't find on the gurulabs site...imlib.  is
> > this application only to be found in certain locatations and if so...why?
>
> imlib is getting replaced by libart_gpl in gnome, but the core still use
> it. imlib as made my rasterman initialy for e (i think), for rendering and
> things of this nature. can be found in gnome cvs tree and in the gnome ftp
> sites.

Out of idle curiosity, why (and when, must have missed that thread) are we
replacing imlib?  And just from the name, isn't libart under the GPL?

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

>From the List of the Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord

  51.If one of my dungeon guards begins expressing concern over the
conditions in the beautiful princess' cell, I will immediately transfer
him to a less people-oriented position.