Re: Database storage approach

Duncan Pierce <cmrdrp@soc.staffs.ac.uk> writes:

| > Where are all the gnumeric files?
| >   find . -name '*.gnumeric'
| > Where are all the files I modified last week
| >   find . -mtime 7
| > All text files -- you could use find in conjunction with file
|
| Ok, that's a power user's way.  I use stuff like this quite often and
| certainly wouldn't want this kind of power to go away.  But it isn't very
| mom-compliant, is it?  (For example, I keep having to explain to my dad
| how to change directory).

No but making a GUI for it would. There is no need for messing with
the filesystem.

The power of Linux should not diminished, because there are ignorant
users that would probably be better off with a pencil. Sorry for the
harshness, but I'm sick and tired of 'this is to complicated for mom
stuff'. If it is, OK, make something simpler, but don't remove what
others find very useful and user friendly!

--
Preben Randhol                     «There are three things you can do
[randhol@pvv.org] 	            to a woman. You can love her, suffer