Re: Caanvas and friends (was Re: gdkrgb widget up to date?)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> I'm wondering what the timeline might be for getting GtkCaanvas available
> for general use, outside of gfonted?  I'd definitely like to start writing
> the program with caanvas instead of the existing GNOME canvas, especially
> if I end up having to create my own canvas widgets.

My understanding is that Caanvas was merged into GnomeCanvas, and
GnomeCanvas now has all Caanvas functionality.

If you are interested in this type of thing, you might work on the EZPaint
editable object library; 'ezpaint' in CVS, read the TODO in there.
It would be immediately useful for gwp, achtung, gnumeric, and guppi and
you could finish it up in 1/100th the time it would take to do a pagemaker
sort of thing. Then, you could use it in your pagemaker type app.

The only significant addition to the TODO is that you might want to
rewrite using GDome ('gdome' in CVS) to represent the state of all the
objects.

Havoc