Re: Caanvas and friends (was Re: gdkrgb widget up to date?)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> My understanding is that Caanvas was merged into GnomeCanvas, and
> GnomeCanvas now has all Caanvas functionality.
It's rather hard to tell, unfortunately.  Raph should be able to verify
that, though.

> If you are interested in this type of thing, you might work on the EZPaint
> editable object library; 'ezpaint' in CVS, read the TODO in there.
> It would be immediately useful for gwp, achtung, gnumeric, and guppi and
> you could finish it up in 1/100th the time it would take to do a pagemaker
> sort of thing. Then, you could use it in your pagemaker type app.
So ezpaint is a library on top of the canvas?  The example code didn't
tell me much, funtionality-wise...  If you could describe how it fits in
with the canvas, or point me to some docs, I can see what I have time to
do.

> The only significant addition to the TODO is that you might want to
> rewrite using GDome ('gdome' in CVS) to represent the state of all the
> objects.
Yeah, I need to find out about the gdome stuff, bonobo, etc.  Especially
if I'm going to make a pagemaker-ish program, being able to embed
arbitrary documents of varying types right into the thing would be
immensely useful.

TIA,
   Omega

         Erik Walthinsen <omega@cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user