Re: Window managers

Richard Hult wrote:

> Make a gtk-lookalike theme for e or windowmaker :)

What I would like to see is a standard for "integrated" theme definition.
I.e., if I define a style for tool tip, I should only have to define it in
one rc file, after which it should look the same for both GNOME and whatever
WM I'm using.

Granted, there may be some things that would apply only to GNOME or only to
the WM, but there is also enough overlap that someone should promulgate a
standard for specifying everything in a single file with a homogenous
syntax.  Then downloading, installing, and selecting a theme would be a
one-shot operation.

Such a standard could be specified as part of the definition of "GNOME aware"
and/or "GNOME compliant".  (WMs that had not converted to use the new
standard might still work OK, but would not be "fully compliant".)

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas