Re: Window managers

> So are there any plans to write such a window manager? I have been
> considering doing it myself, but I don't think my gtk knowledge is up to
> it.  gtkwm on www.gnome.org seems to be abandoned vapourware AFAICT.

Make a gtk-lookalike theme for e or windowmaker :)

> On a related point, for a project that claims "No religion - pick any
> window manager", gnome appears to be becoming increasingly tied to
> Enlightenment.  I see that the RPMs now have E as a requirement.  I see
> this as a bad thing.  E is not a requirement of Gnome.  I shouldn't have

RedHat has chosen to do it this way, to make sure that the user always
have at least one gnome-compliant window manager. There has been variuos
discussions here on this matter.

What we should remember is that the rpms are something that RHAD labs are
providing is kind of a bonus. They are not part of the gnome project. If
anyone wants rpms that are packaged in a different way, they are free to
do so...

Just my 0.02 whatever,
Richard